A new issue of another jam-packed Doctor Who Magazine issue #506 is out today.
Doctor Who’s biggest and most recent news is the release via BBC Store of the much anticipated animated version of the classic second Doctor story, ‘The Power of the Daleks’. So the mag team talked in detail to the folks behind this creation in a fascinating 5-page article.
‘The Power of the Daleks’ first broadcast 50-year’s ago and saw the first Doctor Who regeneration. A first for any TV show that would see the main protagonist change before your very eyes. This feature saw the creation of the second Doctor played by Patrick Troughton. An incarnation that would prove to be hugely popular to this day. So DWM celebrates the lasting legacy of the ‘cosmic hobo’ in a special article titled ‘Take Two’.
But where would the Doctor be without his trusty TARDIS? In an absorbing article ‘Squaring The Circles’, DMW looks at Peter Brachacki, the man who designed the original TARDIS set back in 1963.
There is still loads more in issue #506 as it continues the interrogation of Doctor Who directors Daniel O’Hara, Ed Bazalgette, Daniel Nettheim, and Douglas Mackinnon in ‘The Art of the Director’ and talks to writer Russell T Davies who reveals fascinating new facts about his 2005 classic, ‘The End of the World’ in Fact of Fiction .
Current Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat is on hand to answers more fan questions in ‘Ask Steven’. This week he reveals that he has no intention of bringing back the Tenth Doctors clone saying, “Becuase if we were going to bring David Tennant back to Doctor Who – and I’m not saying we are going to – then we would bring back David playing the real Doctor, and not a substitute Doctor”.
Also included is….
- BLOODSPORT – The second and concluding part of the latest comic strip adventure featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Jess, written by Mark Wright and illustrated by Staz Johnson.
- THE PANDORICA OPENS – The Time Team watch the nail-biting finale of the Eleventh Doctor’s first series with this month’s two-parter, The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang.
- COMING SOON – Previews of all the latest Doctor Who CD and book releases.
- WOTCHA – The Watcher ponders on what Nyssa of Traken really got up to…
- PLUS! All the latest official news, reviews, competitions, and The DWM Crossword!
Doctor Who Magazine 506 is on sale now, price £5.99.