BBC Studios have announced the latest season to be released in BluRay as Jon Pertwee’s Third Doctor, Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 10, debuts on Monday 8th July, the one day after Jon Pertwee 100th Birthday.
The collection features episodes from 1973 including the Tenth Anniversary special feature the first two Doctors William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton alongside Jon Pertwee’s Third Doctor. Season 10 features Roger Delgado’s final appearance as The Master as well as the fan favourite Third Doctor companion – Jo Grant (Katy Manning) and the Brigadier (Nicholas Courtney) Captain Mike Yates (Richard Franklin), Sergeant John Benton (John Levene) from UNIT. The Doctor and Jo battle a wide array of monsters and aliens from rogue Time Lord Omega, the terrifying Drashigs, the noble Draconians, fearsome Ogrons, deadly Daleks and slithering giant maggots.
DOCTOR WHO: THE COLLECTION – SEASON 10 includes the following stories from 1972/73:
- The Three Doctors
- Carnival of Monsters
- Frontier in Space
- Planet of the Daleks
- The Green Death
The episodes have been remastered and box set contains extensive and new exclusive special features which include:
- A brand new feature-length documentary examining the Third Doctor’s Era, with archival contributions from Jon Pertwee, Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks plus all-new interviews with Katy Manning, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, presented by Matthew Sweet.
- Updated special effects and surround sound mix for Planet of the Daleks.
- Five new instalments of Behind the Sofa, featuring Katy Manning, Richard Franklin (Captain Yates) and John Levene (Sergeant Benton), along with 21st century Doctor Who panelist Phil Collinson (Producer/Executive Producer), Pete McTighe (Writer) and Joy Wilkinson (Writer).
- Looking for Lennie, a documentary investigating the life of director Lennie Mayne.
- Keeping up with the Jones’, which sees Katy Manning with Stewart Bevan (Cliff Jones) pay a return visit to the Welsh locations from The Green Death.
- Plus: a repeat omnibus of The Green Death unseen since Christmas 1973, rare Panopticon convention footage, Blu-ray trailer, HD photo galleries plus scripts, production files and rare documentation provided as PDFs.
- The six-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD including two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures that saw Katy Manning’s Jo Jones meet the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith).
Once again, new series contributor Pete McTighe (Kerblam!) has written a short announcement for the new boxset starring and starring original Doctor Who companion, Katy Manning.
The boxset is available at the pre-order price of £39.99.