Doctor Who Magazine celebrates the show’s best-loved collectables, plus there’s an exclusive Series 13 update from Chris Chibnall in the latest issue, out tomorrow (Thursday 12th November)
The newest issue of Doctor Who Magazine has been billed as ‘The Collectables Issue‘. It features an 18-page celebration of Doctor Who‘s best-loved collectables, which explores a whole host of memorabilia from across the show’s history. These include everything from Dalek Rolykins, Weetabix cards, and Dapol action figures to Doctor Who Adventures toys, the Cyberman Voice Changer, and much more.
Issue #558 also features an exclusive update on Series 13 from current showrunner Chris Chibnall in his Production Notes, as well as the third and final part of Doctor Who Magazine‘s Time Lord Victorious tie-in comic strip, Monstrous Beauty, featuring the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler.
Elsewhere, other highlights from this latest Doctor Who Magazine include:
- A look at how Doctor Who props and costumes have sold at auction, including some of the record prices, and the bargains!
- To mark 40 years of BBC Children in Need, the story of Doctor Who’s close relationship with the charity telethons.
- The first instalment of a two-part article exploring David Whitaker’s influence on the Daleks in the 1960s.
- An interview with actor Colin Spaull, who appeared in 1985’s Revelation of the Daleks and 2006’s Rise of the Cyberman/The Age of Steel.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2008 story The Fires of Pompeii.
- Previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom and more!