Twice Upon A Time Scope, an anthology ebook featuring contributions from Doctor Who alumni and fans alike published in aid of disability equality charity Scope, is available to purchase now
Over the past nine months, during which time we’ve had to face the challenges that come with living through a global pandemic, Doctor Who has provided a source of comfort and community for many. Fans, along with actors, writers, and other creatives from across the show’s history have found solace in Doctor Who‘s hopeful message. They’ve come together to organise virtual watch-alongs of past episodes, quiz nights, plus a number of collaborative creative projects.
One such project was organised by Doctor Who fan Matthew Rimmer, who in July of this year published Time Scope, an anthology ebook compiled during lockdown, which featured contributions from 114 Doctor Who fans and alumni. It collected fifty new short stories, interspersed with poetry and artwork, weaving its way through time and space visiting the Doctors and their friends. Among the contributors to Time Scope were Janet Fielding, Katy Manning, Ray Holman, and Jon Culshaw. So far, Time Scope has raised over £2,200 for Scope.
Now, Rimmer has brought together even more familiar faces from across the Doctor Who universe to bring us a second instalment, entitled Twice Upon A Time Scope. This latest charity anthology contains thirty-six short stories, interspersed with poetry and artwork, which this time see the Doctor and friends celebrate the festive season throughout time and space.
Among the Doctor Who alumni who have contributed to Twice Upon A Time Scope are:
- Charlotte Ritchie (Resolution)
- Neve McIntosh (Madame Vastra)
- Mark Dexter (Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead, Spyfall)
- Paul Bazely (The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe)
- Debbie Chazen (Voyage of the Damned)
- Maureen Beattie (Last Christmas)
- Danny Horn (A Christmas Carol)
- Neil McDermott (The Next Doctor)
- Paul Clayton (Planet of the Ood)
- Nicola Bryant (Peri Brown)
- Sophie Aldred (Ace McShane)
- Directors Graeme Harper and Farren Blackburn
- Authors Trevor Baxendale, Jonathan Morris, Eddie Robson and Paul Magrs
- Artists Scott Gray, Mike Collins and Colin Howard
Each of Twice Upon A Time Scope‘s seventy-eight contributors have given their work freely in order to support disability equality charity Scope at a time when their support is more valuable than ever. The charity’s income has fallen dramatically owing to the necessity of having to close charity shops and cancel fundraising events during lockdowns and periods of restrictions owing to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Two thirds of all people who have died as a result of COVID-19 being disabled people and Scope having seen a 79% surge in demand for their family services over 2020.