Doctor Who Magazine Issue 543 is out now, featuring rare and never before seen photos from John Nathan-Turner’s personal collection and the BBC Archive
The cover of the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine stars a long lost photo of Tom Baker on the set of Planet of the Spiders. But that’s only the start of the treasures to be found within its pages.
DWM talks to those who worked alongside John Nathan-Turner to gain new insight into Doctor Who’s longest running producer. All accompanied by rare and newly uncovered from his collection. Plus, Doctor Who Magazine’s exhaustive review of the new Collection Blu-Ray set exploring JNT’s Doctor Who at its most dramatic – both on screen and behind the cameras – The Complete Season 23.
- Former Doctor Who script editor Andrew Cartmel describes working with John Nathan-Turner.
- Sophie Aldred explains how JNT changed her life.
- Stephen Cranford on what it was like to know JNT as a friend.
- DWM’s verdict on Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 23.
- Composer Richard Hartley on recreating his score for 1986’s Mindwarp.
This issue also includes:
- Writer Philip Martin and actor Nabil Shaban reveal Sil and the Devil Seeds of Arodor, the new spin-off movie starring the Trial of a Time Lord villain
- An investigation into the deepest mysteries of regeneration.
- Your at-a-glance guide to Doctor Who’s post-regeneration stories.
- An interview with the creators of the new VR game The Edge of Time.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2017 story Knock Knock.
- Part One of Mistress of Chaos, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor, Yaz, Ryan and Graham. From DWM comic strip legends Scott Gray and John Ross.
- The Blogs of Doom
- The latest toy news including… a Harry Sullivan action figure! And more!
- Audio reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!
Doctor Who Magazine
Doctor Who Magazine is published by Panini and available from all good newsagents and comic shops, priced £5.99. You can also take out a subscription (with exclusive textless covers) here. DWM #543 goes on sale on Thursday, 19th of September.