Doctor Who Magazine Issue 553 is on sale from Thursday 25 June
JON PERTWEE AND ELISABETH SLADEN ARE YOUR HOSTS FOR A VISIT TO THE SET OF DOCTOR WHO!
Highlights of the new issue include:
• Newly discovered interviews conducted at the heart of production on Death to the Daleks and Planet of the Spiders.
• The Doctor Who directing masterclass, featuring exclusive interviews with directors Joe Ahearne, Richard Clark, Graeme Harper, Douglas Mackinnon, Saul Metzstein, Jamie Magnus Stone and Rachel Talalay.
• An exclusive preview of the Power of the Daleks Special Edition, including a selection of rare colour photos from the original 1966 production.
• The previously untold story of three young Doctor Who enthusiasts at the dawn of fandom in the early 1970s. One would go on to play the Doctor…
• Carole Ann Ford and Sophie Aldred compare their Doctor Who experiences.
• The results of DWM’s annual season survey.
• The Fact of Fiction explores the 2013 episode Cold War.
• The final instalment of DWM’s lockdown viewing, with a guide to stories available on DVD and streaming services.
• A look at The Night Walkers, the landmark 1969 comic strip that depicted the Second Doctor’s regeneration.
• Big Finish previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom and much more!