At the Asylum of the Daleks New York premier Matt Smith told us: “I’m going to push to explore the idea of directing. Frankly that’s where the creative power is, I’m fed up of being a puppet!” Meanwhile at the Doctor Who Experience, Matt gives us an idea of how much he will miss Wales: “But the people – I love the Welsh. I think they’re a great bunch. I love their sense of humour. I have great friends in Wales. And it’s a green city and I always feel very welcome here and you know… there’s a great Jamie’s Italian!”
The full contents are:
• Elton Townend-Jones’ Enlightenment – how should Doctor Who’s 50th be celebrated?
• Never a Doctored Word with the Valeyard – the Doctor’s alter ego sets the world to rights.
• Interview: Illustrator Paul Hanley – popular artist reveals his inspirations and plans.
• The Shape of… The TARDIS – the real star of Doctor Who, the iconic time machine.
• Crash of Elysium – Tom Macrae discusses his audacious live Doctor Who play.
• My Mate John IS the Doctor! – John Guilor, the voice of the First Doctor, interviewed.
• All Monsters Great and Small – Phil Bates meets Matt Smith at the Doctor Who Experience.
• In the Shed: With a Dalek Builder! – want to build your own Dalek? Gareth Mugridge is the man to ask!
• The History of Doctor Who Fandom – kicking off an in-depth look at organized fandom.
• Doctor Who Takes Manhattan – we speak to Matt Smith & Karen Gillan in New York!
• The Masque Revisited – 38 years later, a trip to Portmeirion revisits The Masque of Mandragora.