After a week on release, Jodie Whittaker’s charity single has debuted at number 33
As previously reported, this year Children in Need are releasing an entire album of cover versions. BBC Children in Need: Got It Covered involves some of the UK’s biggest names from stage and screen. And they’ve banded together to produce an entire album of cover songs. All whilst helping to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people throughout the UK. The full album is released on the 1st of November. But the contribution by Doctor Who herself, Jodie Whittaker, has been chosen as the first single from the album, debuting at number 33.
Whittaker’s pure voiced cover of Coldplay’s Yellow was one of the songs recorded at the legendary Abbey Road and Rak Studios earlier this years. Each of the actors received professional guidance and mentoring from award-winning producers and songwriters Guy Chambers and Jonathan Quarmby. Veteran vocal coach Mark De-Lisser also lent a helping hand in producing the actors’ tracks.
You can buy your own copy of Yellow from the iTunes, Amazon and all good music stockists.
Ahead of this year’s BBC Children in Need Appeal, a special 90-minute programme documenting the whole recording process will be broadcast on BBC One. The programme will feature special guest appearances, exclusive behind-the-scenes action, and much more.
Whittaker will also be appearing on Got It Covered alongside fellow Doctor David Tennant, who sings Sunshine on Leith. It will also feature tracks from a number of previous Doctor Who guest stars, including Suranne Jones (The Doctor’s Wife), Olivia Colman (The Eleventh Hour), and Shaun Dooley (The Ghost Monument).
The full track listing for the Children in Need: Got It Covered album also includes former Doctor Who David Tennant and more
- Helena Bonham Carter CBE has covered Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell
- Jim Broadbent has covered Blue Moon by Rogers and Hart
- Olivia Colman CBE has covered Glory Box by Portishead
- Shaun Dooley has covered Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
- Luke Evans has covered Smile by Charlie Chaplin
- Suranne Jones has covered Symphony by Clean Bandit
- Adrian Lester OBE has covered I Wish by Stevie Wonder
- Himesh Patel has covered All These Things That I’ve Done by The Killers
- David Tennant has covered Sunshine on Leith by The Proclaimers
- Jodie Whittaker has covered Yellow by Coldplay
- Plus a special group cover of It Must Be Love by Labi Siffre
Children In Need: Got It Covered will be released on Friday 1st November, and is available to preorder now, from the BBC Children in Need website, from Amazon, iTunes or other good music stockists.