Jenna Coleman and David Morrisey join the star-studded guest cast for the fifth series of Inside No. 9 starring Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton.
For those not in the know, Inside No. 9 is an anthology series, with each episode bringing an original story, a cast of new characters, and surprising twists in the most unexpected of places. Combining horror, thriller, drama and comedy, Inside No. 9 never fails to amaze, delight, unnerve and amuse. Following the Halloween 2018 special, Dead Line, which brilliantly turned live TV on its head, Inside No. 9 is currently filming a brand new six-episode run. It’s now been revealed that a stunning guest cast will appear alongside Shearsmith and Pemberton when Series 5 lands on BBC Two later this year.
Most notably for Doctor Who fans, the line-up boasts former companion Jenna Coleman, who went from being Clara Oswald in the TARDIS to reigning on the English throne as Queen Victoria. She is joined by David Morrisey, who played the Doctor – sorry, Jackson Lake! – in 2008 Christmas special, The Next Doctor. Ralf Little, who played Steadfast in Series 10 episode Smile, is also set to make an appearance.
The Rest of the Best
The rest of the stellar guest cast includes:
- Maxine Peake (Silk, Three Girls)
- Dipo Ola (Baghdad Central)
- Phil Davis (Vera Drake, Whitechapel)
- Jill Halfpenny (Three Girls, In The Club)
- Steve Speirs (Star Wars, Upstart Crow)
- Tom Goodman-Hill (Ideal, Mr Selfridge)
- Fionn Whitehead (Dunkirk, Black Mirror: Bandersnatch)
- Kadiff Kirwan (Chewing Gum, Black Mirror: Nosedive)
- Debbie Rush (Coronation Street)
- Ioanna Kimbook (Bitter Wheat)
Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton said: “We’re delighted to announce a guest cast brimming with both emerging and established talent, all judiciously chosen to make us look a bit classier by association.”