The Science of the Time Lords is back for another year of family fun, as they bring together four Doctors, four companions and more this weekend
One of the highlights of the Doctor Who convention calendar is back this weekend. The Science of the Time Lords at the National Space Centre takes place this weekend, making a superb backdrop to the con. Noted for its fun, family friendly atmosphere, Science of the Time Lords will have a veritable galaxy of Doctor Who stars in attendance.
On the Saturday, the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors will unite to entertain the fans
- Peter Davison (The Fifth Doctor)
- Colin Baker (The Sixth Doctor)
- Sylvester McCoy (The Seventh Doctor)
- Paul McGann (The Eighth Doctor)
There will even be a photo opportunity with all four Doctors united in one epic team.
On the Sunday, the guest list will focus on the companions
- Katy Manning (Jo Grant)
- Louise Jameson (Leela)
- Sarah Sutton (Nyssa)
- Janet Fielding (Tegan Jovanka)
- Shobna Gulati (
Yaz’s MumSonya Khan)
More than that, a host of Doctor Who artists will be appearing and selling their wares at the Artists’ Alley.
- Chris Achilleos – the legendary Target novelization cover artist
- Stuart Manning – popular Doctor Who artist, best known for his retro movie poster designs for each new episode, which he created for the Radio Times. He’s also art directed many of the iconic Doctor Who photoshoots of the past several years.
- Carolyn Edwards – Comic artist who has worked on the Titan Comics series, as well as providing covers for Big Finish and art for BBC Books.
- Chris Thompson – CG Artist who has created elements for Big Finish covers and is also the hand behind many of their animated trailers
- Grant Perkins – Titan Comics and 2000ad artist.
The Science of the Time Lords is also famous for its highly detailed replica props and sets. Each new year brings new surprises, but it’s a safe bet that screen accurate Police Boxes, Daleks and, of course, their iconic 1970s style console room will be present and correct.
Saturday tickets are already sold out. Tickets for the Sunday are still available.
For full details and ticket information, see the official Science of the Time Lords site.