Doctor Who will once again have an extensive presence at London Comic Con this year, and it’s set to be the most exciting yet
BBC Studios have confirmed some of the details of their Doctor Who stand at MCM London Comic Con 2019. At the event later this month (October 25th-27th) they’ve be unveiling exclusive news and running panels. And they’ll also be selling exclusive merchandise. The five panels will cover the Doctor Who: The Collection Blu-Ray range, the forthcoming animations of missing episodes, Doctor Who books, and the new VR game The Edge of Time. The fifth panel will pay special tribute to the extraordinary contribution of the late Terrance Dicks to Doctor Who.
Comic Con attendees will get exclusive first looks at extras from Doctor Who: The Collection – The Complete Season 26. Similarly, a new scene from the Doctor Who: The Faceless Ones animation will be shown. Possibly most exciting of all, they’ll be the first fans in the world to learn the identity of the next story after The Faceless Ones to be animated. They’ll also get to play exclusive previews of Doctor Who: The Edge of Time. Meanwhile, the old Doctor Who Experience building may have been dismantled, but Comic Con London will host a special display of costumes from Series 11, alongside the TARDIS itself.
Full details of the panels are:
Doctor Who: The Collection (hosted by Toby Hadoke) – Centre Stage
- Hear from the team behind the best-selling Blu-ray boxsets
- Find out how footage is restored to the best possible quality, and how the much-loved limited-edition packaging is created
- See never-before-seen content from the upcoming Season 26 boxset
Doctor Who: The Animations (hosted by Toby Hadoke) – Main Stage
- Hear from the Executive Producer and special guests from BBC Studios’ upcoming animation of The Faceless Ones
- World-first look at an exclusive clip from The Faceless Ones
- World-first announcement of a new animation with a clip!
Doctor Who Publishing: Bringing Stories to Life – Centre Stage
- Hear from the writers, narrators and artists behind the wide range of Doctor Who publishing titles
- Hear how story is developed, from current show narratives and brand new adventures
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time VR – Main Stage
- In the lead up to the global launch of the first VR game, hear from the makers about how they pulled it together – the stories and secrets behind taking you inside the adventure for the first time
A Tribute to Terrance Dicks – Centre Stage
- A celebration of the life and influence of Terrance Dicks from those who have been impacted by him in their own careers in the world of Doctor Who
As always, the Doctor Who stand will be selling items exclusive to the event as well as new products not yet officially released. This year these include:
- The Revelation of the Daleks novelization by Eric Saward (not on wide release until the 14th of November)
- Vengeance on Varos audiobook by Philip Martin, read by Martin Jarvis (not on wide release until the 7th of November)
- A special 3D Doctor Who t-shirt (with 3D glasses included) and a special glow in the dark Doctor Who t-shirt.
In addition to BBC Studios’ official presence there’s a number of special guests from the worlds of Doctor Who at this year’s Comic Con London
- Simon Pegg (The Editor, The Long Game)
- David Morrissey (Jackson Lake, The Next Doctor)
- Emma Viecelli (Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor comic)
MCM Comic Con London by ReedPop
MCM Comic Con events are the UK’s most exciting pop culture shows, and the only UK based shows that bring together such a broad scope of popular culture categories including; Movies, Gaming, Comics, Anime, Television, Gadgets, Clothing and Toys.
MCM Comic Con 2019 is in the ExCel on October 25-27th. Tickets can be bought from the MCM Comic Con site and are priced at £17.99 a day (general entry) or £26 a day (priority entry) with weekend tickets for £69.50. Kids under ten go free when accompanying an adult (two children per adult).