Doctor Who: The Edge of Time is almost upon us. So get ready to enter the Doctor’s world like never before!
Originally set for release in September, VR game Doctor Who: The Edge of Time slipped slightly in the schedules. However the final release date has now been confirmed by PlayStack as the 12th of November. That’s just three weeks away and, to celebrate, they’ve released new posters marking the day.
Meanwhile, they’ve also revealed that Adjoa Andoh has joined the cast. Andoh will be well known to Doctor Who fans for her role as Martha Jones’ mother Francine in Series 3 and 4, as well as the ruthless Sister Jatt in New Earth. Her character in The Edge of Time has yet to be confirmed. However it’s thought unlikely to be a reprise of Francine or Jatt. Andoh joins Jodie Whittaker (The Doctor) and Nicholas Briggs (the Daleks) in the cast.
As previously reported by Blogtor Who, the new virtual reality game has a number of features sure to excite Doctor Who fans.
- Become part of Doctor Who – Edge of Time is a thrilling single-player adventure. It will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the shine of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel!
- Doctor Who talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest. You’ll explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time
With multiple references to the series and its 55-year history, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time combines action, adventure and sci-fi, equipping players with the Sonic Screwdriver to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments and come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters, all within virtual reality. Escape from Weeping Angels, face off against brand-new creatures. Even pilot a Dalek shell to harness its fearsome weaponry in a thrilling and immersive single-player adventure!
Developed by immersive entertainment studio Maze Theory, led by former Activision and PlayStation veterans, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will launch on November 12th 2019 for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos.