Further details, pictures, and video from the eagerly anticipated VR game
Blogtor Who has already brought you the new Doctor Who: The Edge of Time trailer, showing off the gameplay of the new VR game. But now we have more information about the plot and locations of the virtual adventure from Playstack and Maze Theory.
Players will visit Victorian London, escape from a space-stranded cruiser and explore an Egyptian temple. All as they fly the TARDIS across the universe under the guidance of the Doctor herself, voiced by Jodie Whittaker.
With multiple references to the series and its 55-year history, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time combines action, adventure and sci-fi, equipping players with the Sonic Screwdriver to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments and come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters, all within virtual reality. Escape from Weeping Angels, face off against brand-new creatures. Even pilot a Dalek shell to harness its fearsome weaponry in a thrilling and immersive single-player adventure!
- Become part of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver! With exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, use it to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks.
- The Edge of Time is written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and Writer
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
The game has been developed by immersive entertainment studio Maze Theory, led by former Activision and PlayStation veterans. Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time launches on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos.
To keep up to date, make sure to check the game’s official site and follow their updates in the Developer Diary on the official Doctor Who YouTube channel.