Ahead of its worldwide release tomorrow (November 12th), the launch trailer for virtual-reality game Doctor Who: The Edge of Time has been revealed!
Published by Playstack and developed by Maze Theory, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time has been a long time coming. This immersive, feature-length virtual-reality game was originally due for release back in September. However, despite its delay, the game is set to finally launch worldwide across a variety of platforms from tomorrow (November 12th).
Ahead of its imminent launch, one final trailer has been released to give Doctor Who fans a taste of what they can expect from The Edge of Time. Check out the trailer below:
This virtual-reality game will allow the player to enter the world of Doctor Who, as you travel across the universe in the TARDIS under the guidance of the Doctor (as voiced by Jodie Whittaker). Along the way, you’ll journey from Victorian London, to a space-stranded cruiser, to an Egyptian temple, and beyond! What’s more, you’ll face off against some of the Doctor‘s deadliest foes, including the Weeping Angels, as well as brand-new monsters.
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time promises a number of features which are sure to appeal to any fan of the television series:
- Become Part Of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield The Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the sonic screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning Cinematic Visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who Talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of The Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson – Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest Support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
Doctor Who: The Edge of Time launches tomorrow (November 12th) on PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos, with Oculus Quest coming later this year, priced at £19.99 / $24.99.
Crafted with countless references to the show and its 55-year history, Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time combines action, horror and sci-fi, equipping players with the sonic screwdriver to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments and come face-to-face with classic Doctor Who monsters, all within virtual reality for the first time ever. Escape from Weeping Angels, face off against brand-new monsters and pilot a Dalek shell to harness its’ fearsome weaponry in a thrilling and immersive single-player adventure!