The Doctor Who Collection returns for the Master’s 50th Anniversary in 2021 with Season 8!
2021 already begins to look a bit brighter as the team behind the Doctor Who Collection stride out of the mist, probably in slow motion, to save the day. Or at least to give us hours and hours of superb Doctor Who content. The eighth release in BBC Studios’ Collection Blu-ray range has now been confirmed as Season 8. Jon Pertwee’s second season as the Doctor also marks the beginning of the beloved team of the Doctor and Jo Grant (Katy Manning). In addition, this 1971 season features the very first appearance of the Doctor’s best enemy: the Master! This hotly anticipated installment can be pre-ordered now and will be available from 23rd February 2021.
The 25 episodes of Season 8 make up five all time classic stories
- Terror of the Autons
- The Mind of Evil
- The Claws of Axos
- Colony in Space
- The Dæmons
With all episodes newly remastered, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features
- Behind the Sofa – New episodes with Katy Manning, Stewart Bevan, Janet Fielding, and Sarah Sutton, as well as Sacha Dhawan and Anjli Mohindra.
- In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to companion Katy Manning.
- Devil’s Weekend – Actors Katy Manning and John Levene take a personal trip back to the picturesque village of Aldbourne, 50 years after they recorded the Doctor Who story The Dæmons there.
- The Direct Route – Doctor Who directors Michael Briant, Graeme Harper and Tim Combe take an epic road trip to all the filming locations from Season 8 as they discuss directing the show in the early 1970s.
- Terrance and Me – Lifelong Doctor Who fan Frank Skinner sets out to meet the family, friends and colleagues of the late, much-loved writer, Terrance Dicks.
- Return of the Autons – A specially shot mini-episode starring Katy Manning and Stewart Bevan
- Extended Episode – The Claws of Axos Episode 1 extended edition
- The Dæmons Omnibus – 90 minute omnibus edition of The Dæmons
- Immersive 5.1 Surround Sound – available on Terror of the Autons and The Dæmons
- Optional Updated Special Effects – Terror of the Autons alternate version with new FX and also CSO clean-up
- Unseen studio footage
- Rare archive treats
- Convention footage
- HD photo galleries
- Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files
- And lots more!
The eight-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD
Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 8
Stranded on 20th Century Earth, the Third Doctor teams up with UNIT and new companion Jo Grant to thwart alien invasions! And that’s not all, he must also contend with the arrival of his deadliest foe – arch nemesis the Master.
Battling Autons, Axons, an alien mind parasite and a mighty Daemon, the Doctor, Jo and UNIT must defend the Earth – and its future pioneers – in five action-packed adventures.
Doctor Who – The Collection: Season 8 can be pre-ordered now from Amazon, HMV and Zoom and will be available from 23rd February 2021.