Following the popularity of its initial release back in 2018, the second edition of Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 12 is now available to pre-order!
Back in February 2018, BBC Studios launched their now highly popular collection of classic Doctor Who blu-ray box-sets under the banner of Doctor Who: The Collection. The first classic season of the show to get the blu-ray treatment was Fourth Doctor Tom Baker’s debut season, Season 12, which was released as a limited edition box-set. Featuring beautiful artwork courtesy of Lee Binding, plus a wealth of bonus content, this box-set has become a highly sought after product among Doctor Who fans since the end of its limited edition run.
Fortunately, BBC Studios have announced that Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 12 will be re-released next month, and is available to pre-order now. On 2nd March 2020, fans will have another chance to get their hands on this blu-ray box set. This second edition will come with the same stunning artwork, content, and extras as its initial release. Season 12, which first aired between December 1974 and May 1975, features five stories spanning twenty episodes, including:
- The Ark in Space
- The Sontaran Experiment
- Genesis of the Daleks
- Revenge of the Cybermen
Season 12 stars Tom Baker in his first season as the Doctor, as well as Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith, and Ian Marter as Harry Sullivan. The bonus material which features in this box-set includes:
- TOM BAKER IN CONVERSATION
- A candid new one-hour interview with the Fourth Doctor.
- BEHIND THE SOFA
- Classic clips from Season 12, viewed by Tom Baker, Philip Hinchcliffe, Louise Jameson, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton and Sadie Miller
- NEW MAKING-OF DOCUMENTARIES
- For The Sontaran Experiment and Revenge of the Cybermen
- IMMERSIVE 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIXES
- For The Ark in Space and Genesis of the Daleks
- OPTIONAL BRAND NEW UPDATED SPECIAL EFFECTS
- For Revenge of the Cybermen
- GENESIS OF THE DALEKS – OMNIBUS MOVIE VERSION
- Unseen since broadcast in 1975
- THE TOM BAKER YEARS
- The 1991 VHS release, on disc for the first time
- PRODUCTION ARCHIVE MATERIAL
- PDF files from the BBC Archives