The countdown to Doctor Who Series 13 begins as Doctor Who Magazine interviews John Bishop, who plays newcomer Dan Lewis
As the launch of Jodie Whittaker’s final series as the Doctor later this year draws ever closer, Doctor Who Magazine sits down with John Bishop. In this exclusive interview with the new companion, he discusses growing up with Doctor Who, shooting the new series, and answers questions from DWM’s TARDIS tin.
Also this issue:
- Black Powder – the second and final part of a brand-new short story starring the Thirteenth Doctor and Yaz, written by Joy Wilkinson
- Eye Witness – new insights into the Second Doctor’s missing episodes from fans who remember watching them.
- Orphan Episodes – a detailed look at the surviving episodes from mostly missing stories
- The Sea Devils – how did the 1972 serial threaten the entire series’ future? The untold story is revealed.
- Apocrypha – Wartime, an independent short film featuring from 1988, starring John Levene as Benton
- Collectivity – the BBC’s VHS releases and their transformation the world of the show’s fandom
- The Macra Terror – how the alien world of the 1967 adventure was created by the production team, featuring new CGI models by Gavin Rymill
- The Fact of Fiction – the second part of DWM’s analysis of the 1968 classic The Web of Fear
- Doctor Who Atlas – meet the team behind the gorgeous new Doctor Who book
- Sufficient Data – another quirky look at Doctor Who’s big ideas.
- Plus – Previews, The DWM Review, Gallifrey Guardian, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more…
Doctor Who Magazine 569
The new issue is on sale from Thursday the 16th of September, priced £5.99 (UK). Doctor Who Magazine 569 can be ordered from the Panini store. You can also buy the digital edition from Pocketmags (£4.99) or take out a subscription via the official site. You can also find it in WH Smith and all good newsagents.