DWM 566 is out today, with Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill answering the readers’ questions!
The Doctor is in! And she’s brought Yaz with her as actors Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill dive into the Doctor Who Magazine post bag for a special interview.
Also in this issue:
- Roy Scammell – a tribute to the late stuntman, who performed some of Doctor Who’s most spectacular stunts, as well as appearing in films such as Alien and From Russia with Love
- Donald Wilson – In 1963, many hands helped shape the concept that would become Doctor Who. As Head of Serials at the BBC, Donald Wilson played a key role in the show’s genesis.
- Kill the Moon – The Fact of Fiction examines the 2014 serial in which the Doctor and Clara uncovers the highly surprising secret at the heart of the Moon
- New Life for Old Monsters – Doctor Who Magazine talks to a museum owner dedicated to preserving and restoring Doctor Who’s costuming legacy
- The Tenth Planet – a virtual set reconstruction of the studio floor for Episode 4 of the landmark 1996 story which introduced the Cybermen and William Hartnell’s departure
- Collectivity – exploring the old school appeal of Doctor Who on cassette tape
- Time Fracture – a preview of the immersive experience currently open in London
- Delia Derbyshire – the woman who crafted the theme’s unique sound
- The Aztecs – the performance that recreated sections of Richard Rodney Bennett’s score for 1964 story
- Apocrypha – the 1978 fact filled book Doctor Who Discovers Strange and Mysterious Creatures
- Sufficient Data – more tenuous and humourous numerical links
- Plus – Gallifrey Guardian, The DWM Review, Time Space Visualiser, Previews, Competitions and more
Doctor Who Magazine 566
The new issue is on sale from Thursday the 24th of June, priced £5.99 (UK). Doctor Who Magazine 566 can be ordered from the Panini store. You can also buy the digital edition from Pocketmags (£4.99) or take out a subscription via the official site. You can also find it in WH Smith and all good newsagents.