Doctor Who Magazine Issue 537 is on sale Thursday the 4th of April, and features all access coverage of the recent remake of Mission to the Unknown
As previously covered by Blogtor Who, the University of Central Lancashire recently remounted classic lost story Mission to the Unknown. Now Doctor Who Magazine takes you behind the scenes of this ambitious project. Witness the resurrection one of the most unique episodes ever.
Inside this issue:
- An in depth look at the UCLan project to use genuine 1960s filming methods to recreate a lost piece of Doctor Who history, Mission to the Unknown
- The original Mission to the Unknown features Pat Gorman as one of the alien delegates. Now DWM looks at the ‘king of the extras’ who appeared in an incredible 104 episodes.
- Meet the fans that bring the First Doctor and other characters from The Daleks’ Master Plan to life in our Hartnell Era Cosplay special
- Come on the Ultimate Adventure of the classic 1989 Doctor Who stage play that starred Jon Pertwee and Colin Baker
- Journey behind the mask of T’Zim-Sha, the Thirteenth Doctor’s enemy number one.
- David Banks, king of the 1980s Cybermen takes his chances as he answers whatever questions come Out of the TARDIS
- Former script editor Andrew Cartmel pays tribute to the late Graeme Curry, writer of The Happiness Patrol.
- An in-depth review of The Macra Terror DVD and Blu-Ray
- Comic strip Herald of Madness by Scott Gray and Mike Collins continues as the Doctor, Graham, Yaz and Ryan take on aliens with designs on famed astronomer Johannes Kepler.
- Plus Gallifrey Guardian, Galaxy Forum, The DWM Review and all your usual favourites…
Doctor Who Magazine is published by Panini and available from all good newsagents and comic shops. You can also take out a subscription (with exclusive textless covers) here. DWM #537 goes on sale on Thursday, 4th of April.