Doctor Who Magazine is out tomorrow, and this time the team is celebrating Jon Pertwee. Pertwee who would have turned 100 this year is one of the series most celebrated Doctors. As the Scientific Advisor to UNIT, the third Doctor worked alongside fan-favourites Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney), Doctor Liz Shaw (Caroline John), Jo Grant (Katy Manning) and Sarah-Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen). Sadly most of these stars of the series have passed, but DWM has still been able to recall numerous articles and interview to celebrate the Third Doctor era with 30 pages.
Besides the third Doctor coverage, DWM will showcase an exclusive series 12 update from showrunner Chris Chibnall and talking to the cast and crew of Big Finish’s 20th Anniversary adventure – The Legacy of Time.
It sounds like an excellent new publication.
- The World Cup of the Third Doctor. How did your favourite story fare in our epic Twitter tournament?
- Lost for more than 40 years – a candid interview with Jon Pertwee from the very first Doctor Who convention in 1977.
- An exclusive interview with Jon’s son, actor Sean Pertwee.
- A previously unpublished interview with Barry Letts, who produced most of the Third Doctor’s stories and co-wrote classics like The Dæmons and The Green Death.
- An exclusive update on the production of Series 12 from showrunner Chris Chibnall.
- Katy Manning, who played the Third Doctor’s companion Jo Grant, visits the Time Team.
- The second part of an interview with costume designer Howard Burden, who created outfits for the Twelfth Doctor, Clara and Missy.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the Twelfth Doctor story Time Heist.
- DWM’s review of the Doctor Who: The Collection – Season 10 Blu-ray box set.
- The Legacy of Time – DWM talks exclusively to the cast and crew behind one of the most ambitious Doctor Who adventures ever, which features no fewer than six Doctors.
- Part One of Power of the Mobox, a new comic strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
- The Blogs of Doom, audio reviews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!
DWM 540 is on sale from Thursday 27 June, priced £5.99.