Doctor Who Magazine 595 goes to Mel and back as they talk to Bonnie Langford about the return of Melanie Bush!
New editor Jason Quinn has taken the reigns at the greatest magazine in the galaxy! But Doctor Who Magazine continues its coverage this month of the upcoming Fifteenth Doctor era. This month the DWM team talk to Bonnie Langford about all things Mel. From her original run as the Doctor’s companion in the 1980s, and her work with Big Finish, to her cameo in last year’s Power of the Doctor and triumphant return in next year’s Series Fourteen, it’s all here. Plus, find out what she thinks of the differences between Mel and new companion Ruby!
More on the new era this issue
- Bonnie Langford – DWM interviews the star about her upcoming return to Doctor Who as Melanie Bush
- We Need to Talk About Mel Bush – all you need to know about the classic companion
- Letter from the Showrunner – showrunner Russell T Davies shares further witty insights from the heart of Bad Wolf
- Production Notes – more teasing diary entries from script editor Scott Handcock
- Emily Cook – the tables are turned as the former DWM interviewer is interviewed about her role in bringing about the return of RTD, Tennant and Tate
- Liberation of the Daleks Part 12 – the Fourteenth Doctor’s very first adventure, exclusive to DWM, reaches its penultimate chapter
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest news about the new series and everything else Who related
Also this issue:
- Dan Slott – the Eisner Award winning Spider-Man writer reveals his life long love of Doctor Who and finally getting the chance to enter the Whoniverse with new comic Once Upon a Time Lord
- Magic the Gathering – a special preview of the new Doctor Who command decks from the world’s most popular strategy card game
- The Fact of Fiction – The Trial of a Time Lord Parts 13-14
- 60 Years 60 Objects – iconic items from 2008-2012
- Plus – Previews, The DWM Review, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine 595