Doctor Who Magazine 592 begins Doom’s Day in earnest, as the deadliest assassin begins her quest to find the Doctor
The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine comes packed with extras. There’s an extra 20 page comic magazine, including 16 pages of comic strip adventures from the world of Doom’s Day. Plus you can also get a set double sides poster celebrating the best stories from the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Doctors as voted by readers. And everything ships in special paper wraparound packaging. So the textless cover inside can show off the Christopher Eccleston image.
Highlights of the new issue include:
- Four Hours of Doom’s Day – A 20-page supplement featuring a new comic-strip adventure including Autons, Cybermen as well as lots of surprises!
- Giant double-sided poster – with art depicting The Caves of Androzani, Revelation of the Daleks, Remembrance of the Daleks, and the TV Movie.
- Voice of Doom – Sooz Kempner, Doom herself, discusses playing the lead character in the new cross-media adventure Doom’s Day.
- Day of Reckoning – the complete guide to Doom’s Day, along with insights from the people who have created the stories.
Also this issue, coverage of production of the new series of Doctor Who continues!
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies looks forwards to the new episodes of Doctor Who, and also recalls the revived series’ launch back in 2005.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Quick Draw – John Erasmus reveals what it’s like to work as a storyboard artist on the new series.
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Nine – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including cast announcements.
Other highlights include:
- The Doctor’s Wife – actor and author Elizabeth Morton on being the wife of the Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, and the mother-in-law of the Fourteenth, David Tennant!
- Working Wonders – colleagues and family recall the pioneering visual effects created by the late Peter Day.
- The DWM 60th Anniversary Poll – the analysis of the results continues, with this issue looking at the rankings of the Seventh and Ninth Doctor’s adventures.
- Memory Worm – Dalek writer Robert Shearman puts his knowledge of his Doctor Who career to the test.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – the latest instalment of the series that tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction – concluding the exploration of the Second Doctor’s encounter with the Cybermen aboard The Wheel in Space.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to new stories in Doctor Who’s expanded universe.
- PLUS! Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.