Set course for adventure with the new Doctor Who Magazine, in a packed piratical package celebrating Legend of the Sea Devils
Doctor Who is very nearly back on TV! The year the countdown to Easter isn’t just to chocolate and bunting, it’s to the return of the Doctor, Yaz and Dan! But our heroes won’t be the only familiar faces in the next special. Because it’s time to explore the Legend of the Sea Devils with Doctor Who Magazine 576! The new issue comes in a special pack containing a host of extras. The pack cover features the Doctor in her new costume from Legend of the Sea Devils, while the textless cover on the magazine inside features the incredible new Sea Devil design.
The special bumper package also comes packed with extras
- Doctor Who Discovers Pirates – the planned but never before published fifth volume in the Doctor Who Discovers… book series of the 1970s, loving recreating the format of the originals in a new 52 page book
- Double Sided Poster – choose between classic 1972 story The Sea Devils, and Doctor Who Discovers Pirates
- Free Big Finish Story – a download code for Kidnapped: Out of This World, starring Catherine Tate as Donna Noble
Meanwhile, DWM 576 itself leads with coverage of Legend of the Sea Devils
- Preview – your first look at the Easter special, featuring Chris Chibnall (co-writer), Crystal Wu (Madame Ching), Marlowe Chan-Reeves (Ying Ki), and Arthur Lee (Ji-Hun).
- Ella Road –DWM chats to Legend of the Sea Devils’ co-writer
- Haolu Wang – the director talks wrangling Sea Devils and pirates
- Ray Holman – Doctor Who’s longest serving costume designer discusses the inspirations for the new looks for the TARDIS team and the Sea Devils
Also this issue
- Hydra’s Gate – part three of the latest comic strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor
- The Fact of Fiction – what lies behind the 2017 episode Smile?
- Stewart Bevan – Katy Manning (Jo Grant) pays tribute to her late, and much loved, The Green Death co-star
- Henry Lincoln – tribute to the late writer, who co-created the Great Intelligence and the Brigadier
- The Snows of Terror – including previously unseen photos from the set of 1964 serial The Keys of Marinus
- The Meddling Monk(s) – Three incarnations of Gallifrey’s most mischievous meddler discuss playing the character for Big Finish, with Graeme Garden, Rufus Hound, and Gemma Whelan
- Jeff Cummins – the work of the classic Doctor Who cover artist
- Collectivity – with a vast array of Doctor Who comics across the decades, collecting them is a life long mission for some fans
- Plus – Gallifrey Guardian, Galaxy Forum, The DWM Review, Previews, and all the usual features!
Doctor Who Magazine 576
The new issue is on sale from Thursday the 31st of March, priced £9.99 (UK). DWM 576 can be ordered from the Panini store. You can also buy the digital edition from Pocketmags or take out a subscription via the official site. You can also find it in WH Smith and all good newsagents.