Chris Chibnall discusses the reasons for his and Jodie Whittaker’s departure, exclusively with Doctor Who Magazine 568
Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall discusses why he and Jodie Whittaker are leaving the series. And Doctor Who Magazine has more details of what to expect between now and their final episode in Autumn 2022. Meanwhile, there’s a brand new short story, Black Powder, by Joy Wilkinson (The Witchfinders, The Target Storybook) featuring the Doctor and Yaz in their first adventure since Graham and Ryan left the TARDIS.
Other highlights of the new issue include:
- The complex story behind the destruction of Doctor Who episodes – and the culture surrounding their recovery
- New insights into the First Doctor’s missing serials from fans who remember watching them
- What If…? every missing 1960s episode was in the archive? But every one we currently have had gone missing instead? Jonathan Morris dares imagine a parallel universe
- The second half of DWM’s detailed look at the Blackpool and Longleat exhibitions moves on to the first half of the 1980s
- Apocrypha revisits a live Doctor Who performance staged at the Goodwood Motor Circuit in 1974
- Collectivity meets the fans lucky enough to own screen-used props
- The Fact of Fiction goes underground with the 1968 story The Web of Fear
- An exclusive first look at the forthcoming animation of The Evil of the Daleks
- Sufficient Data explores Doctor Who’s big ideas.
- Previews, The DWM Review, Gallifrey Guardian, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, Galaxy Forum and more.
Doctor Who Magazine 568
The new issue is on sale from Thursday the 19th of August, priced £5.99 (UK). Doctor Who Magazine 568 can be ordered from the Panini store. You can also buy the digital edition from Pocketmags (£4.99) or take out a subscription via the official site. You can also find it in WH Smith and all good newsagents.