Doctor Who Magazine Issue 565 builds high for happiness
This month’s icehot issue of DWM investigates one of the Doctor’s most mysterious incarnations. From 1987 to 1989, Sylvester McCoy steered the TARDIS through some of the strangest, wildest, and darkest stories in the show’s history. Now, on the eve of his first series getting the Collection treatment on Blu-ray, take a look behind the curtain.
Highlights of this issue include:
- Unseen Season 24 – the story of how previously unseen footage was discovered
- Kate Easteal – an interview with the 1980s production secretary, who shares her memories of producer John Nathan-Turner
- The Collection: Season 24 – An in-depth preview of the new Blu-ray box set
- Paradise Towers – inside this year’s new comic-book sequel to the Season 24 story, with comments from the original story’s writer, Stephen Wyatt
- Visual Effects – Some of Doctor Who’s key visual effects designers reflect on their time working on the show in the mid-1980s
- Collectivity – exploring the miniature world of Dapol, the company that launched the first range of Doctor Who action figures in 1988
- Apocrypha – Who’s That Girl!, the 1989 comic strip from the pages of… The Incredible Hulk
Elsewhere in Doctor Who Magazine 565
- Margaret Toley – the secretary to Doctor Who’s story editors in the 1960s and early 70s describes her role
- Frank Cox – A tribute to the one of Doctor Who’s first directors
- The Fact of Fiction – continues its analysis of 1970’s The Ambassadors of Death
- Sufficient Data – more Doctor Who number crunching
- Plus – Previews, The DWM Review, Gallifrey Guardian, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser and more.
Doctor Who Magazine 565
The new issue is on sale from Thursday the 27th of May, priced £5.99 (UK). DWM 565 can be ordered from the Panini store. You can also buy the digital edition from Pocketmags (£4.99) or take out a subscription via the official site. You can also find it in WH Smith and all good newsagents.