Goodbye 2020 and hello Revolution of the Daleks! It’s the Doctor Who Magazine preview of the New Year’s Day special!
2021 is just around the corner! But it’s more than just an opportunity to stride purposely away, Seventh Doctor style, from the exploding circus tent that is 2020. Because New Year’s Day means New Year’s Who! And the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine is ready, with an exclusive preview of Revolution of the Daleks. Jodie Whittaker talks trading her rainbow stripes for a prison jumpsuit, while John Barrowman talks the return of Captain Jack. And, of course, showrunner Chris Chibnall has a Production Notes update.
The exclusive preview also features contributions from Chris Noth (Jack Robertson), Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (Leo Ruggazzi), director Lee Haven Jones (Spyfall Part Two) and costume designer Ray Holman. Meanwhile, DWM 559 also comes with a giant double sided Revolution of the Daleks poster. Choose between the movie style poster for the story on one side, and Captain Jack’s return to the TARDIS on the other.
Elsewhere DWM gears up for the most wonderful time of the year, as it looks at Doctor Who Christmases past and present
- Christmas with the Doctor – a fresh look at stories that were broadcast during the festive period between 1963 and 1989
- The Feast of Steven – What did missing 1965 Christmas episode actually look like? DWM’s CGI recreation offers some clues
- I’m Gonna Spend My Christmas with a Dalek – The strange story of the 1964 record
- Last Christmas – The Fact of Fiction analyses the 2014 Christmas Special
- A Christmas Story – Apocrypha rediscovers the bizarre 1965 comic strip
- The DWM Christmas Quiz!
Also this issue
- Return of the Autons – A behind-the-scenes look at the trailer for the Season 8 Blu-ray box set, with writer and director Pete McTighe, Katy Manning (Jo) and Stewart Bevan (Cliff)
- Time Fracture – Interviews with the team behind next year’s immersive theatre experience
- David Whitaker – The final instalment of a two-part article exploring the writer’s influence on the Daleks
- The White Dragon – The first part of a new comic-strip adventure for the Thirteenth Doctor
- PLUS The DWM Review, Gallifrey Guardian, Time and Space Visualiser, The Blogs of Doom, competitions and more.
Doctor Who Magazine 559 can be ordered from the Panini store. You can also buy the digital edition from Pocketmags or take out a subscription via the official site. You can also find it in WH Smith and all good newsagents.