Doctor Who Magazine marks four decades of the greatest mag in the galaxy with a bumper special
Forty years on from Doctor Who Weekly #1, with its cover mounted transfers and Iron Legion comic strip adventure for the Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who Magazine #544 pays tribute. The special issue will come in a polybag alongside three brilliant extras. The contents will include.
- Doctor Who Magazine #544
- 100 minute DVD that includes new material exclusive to Doctor Who Magazine
- The DWM Index: Your 32 page magazine guide to 544 issues worth of features and articles
- 11 Big Finish adventures to download
DWM itself features a unique cover saluting the covers of years gone by, including the iconic DWW #1, the 20th Anniversary issue, Christopher Eccleston’s unveiling as the Ninth Doctor, DWM #500… and right up to Jodie Whittaker’s debut as the Thirteenth Doctor.
Also this issue
- Paul Cornell pays tribute to the late Terrance Dicks
- New interviews with Russell T Davies, Steven Moffat and Chris Chibnall
- Original DWM editor Dez Skinn and original DWM Features writer Jeremy Bentham reunite to look back at their creation and their legacy
- Lew Stringer’s The Daft Dimension will go back in time to 1979 for a typically daft look at the origins of DWM
The rest of the contents of DWM 544 is still unconfirmed, but is likely to include the second part of comic strip Mistress of Chaos, and all the regulars like Gallifrey Guardian, Galaxy Forum and the DWM Review.
DWM #544, complete with the DVD and extra 32 page supplement, will be available in all good newsagents. Subscribers will also receive the full polybag package.
Doctor Who Magazine
Doctor Who Magazine is published by Panini and available from all good newsagents and comic shops. You can also take out a subscription (with exclusive textless covers) here. DWM #543 goes on sale on Thursday, the 17th of October, for the special price of £9.99.