As revealed last issue, Doctor Who Magazine #539 will be available in an deluxe edition exclusive to WH Smith stores. But now details of exactly what readers can expect in the WH Smith version have been announced.
The Doctor Who Magazine #539 Deluxe Edition will come in a special cardboard sleeve. Inside readers will find the standard issue of DWM and the following bonuses.
- Vinyl Record! – An exclusive vinyl EP featuring rare and bonus tracks from The Evil of the Daleks
- 28-page supplement – an extra mini-magazine about the making of the Thirteenth Doctor’s episodes, packed full of new information and previously unseen pictures
- Audio Downloads – from BBC Audio and Big Finish, including Doctor Who and the Cave Monsters and Tales from New Earth
- And even more!
The Doctor Who Magazine #539 Deluxe Edition can only be found in-store at WH Smith, priced at £9.99. It can’t also be purchased directly from Panini
Features in this month’s DWM include:
- Jodie Whittaker – an exclusive interview with the Doctor herself!
- Production Notes – the latest updates from showrunner Chris Chibnall
- David Tennant – the Tenth Doctor discusses the Thirteenth and Jodie Whittaker
- Howard Burden – the costume designer discussing working for three different Doctors
- Eric Saward – the second half of Benjamin Cook’s interview with the always candid 1980s script editor
- Resurrection and Revelation – Eric Saward also talks about his brand new novelisations of his TV episodes Resurrection of the Daleks and Revelation of the Daleks
- Series 11 Season Poll Results – The DWM readerships 2018 favourites: revealed!
- Planet of the Daleks – Behind the scenes with the team updating the 1973 adventure for the upcoming Doctor Who: The Collection – The Complete Season 10 Blu-Ray
And, of course, regulars…
- The Fact of Fiction – Alan Barnes takes an in depth look at 2005’s The Long Game
- The Time Team – Is Doctor Who a kids’ show? The Time Team decides
- Cosplay – Peter Nolan talks to fans who’ve gone above and beyond to recreate the Second Doctor’s ‘cosmic hobo’ style
- Herald of Madness – the epic conclusion of the comic strip adventure from Scott Gray and Mike Collins
- The Blogs of Doom – more ironical diary entries from some of Doctor Who’s supporting characters
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest news from the world of Doctor Who
- The DWM Review – passing judgement on the latest releases
- Coming Soon – previews of coming attractions
- And much, much more!
Doctor Who Magazine is published by Panini and available from all good newsagents and comic shops, priced £5.99. You can also take out a subscription (with exclusive textless covers) here. DWM #539 goes on sale on Thursday, 30th of May. The Deluxe Edition is exclusively available in WH Smith, and from Panini priced £9.99.