Tiny Rebel Games have done it again. Today, the makers of Doctor Who: Legacy are launching a new set of games entitled Doctor Who: Infinity. The video games, available for PC and Mac platforms and Steam, are bringing a new set of comic-book style episodes to game players. Later this month, the episodes will also be available on iOS and Android mobile devices.
Created through a collaboration of Tiny Rebel Games, Seed Studio and the award-winning audio audio designer/composer Stafford Bawler, three popular Doctors and their companions come alive on your computer screens in a series of new adventures. Fans will be thrilled to know that games feature some their beloved actors and characters from the series including Michelle Gomez as Missy, Ingrid Oliver as Osgood and Katy Manning as Jo Grant.
The three episodes feature a number of your favourite writers and comic book artists and colourists.
• The Dalek Invasion of Time. The first episode is a Twelfth Doctor story as portrayed by Peter Capaldi. The story is written by George Mann, a critically-acclaimed author and screenwriter, including many Doctor Who comics and stories. The artwork is drawn by acclaimed artist and writer Mike Collins, Doctor Who and other major comic properties with colourist honours held by Kris Carter (Shrek, Torchwood and Doctor Who). The game is narrated by actors Michelle Gomez, (Missy), Ingrid Oliver, (Osgood) and Bella Ramsey, who voices a new villain., Freya.
• The Orphans of the Polyoptra, episode two, features the Third Doctor as portrayed by Jon Pertwee. It is written by Gary Russell as what he declares to be his final Doctor Who story. Russell is well-known as a writer of Doctor Who novels, a former producer and writer of Doctor Who audio dramas for Big Finish Productions, the former Script Editor for Doctor Who, Sarah Jane Adventures, Torchwood TV series and was formerly Editor of Doctor Who Magazine. The game’s art has been drawn by David Roach, (Doctor Who Magazine) and coloured by Dylan Teague. The story is narrated by actor Katy Manning, who voices her original role from the TV series, Jo Grant, and the enemy.
• The Lady of the Lake, episode three, is a Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler story written by Scott Handcock, author of many Doctor Who audio dramas and short stories. The artwork is drawn by Neil Edwards, noted comic book artist (Marvel, DC, Doctor Who, Titan Comics and more) and coloured by John-Paul Bove, (G.I. Joe, Doctor Who, Transformers). Dylan Teague, who also provided the colouring for The Orphans of the Polyoptra, episode two, is also responsible for this episode. The story is being narrated by Celyn Jones as Geraint, a critically acclaimed and award-winning actor and screenwriter, who is known for films such as Set Fire to the Stars and Submergence and the TV series Joe. Other voices featured include Katy Manning as Delyth and Marilyn Le Conte as the eponymous “Lady of the Lake”.
Doctor Who Infinity is now available on Steam, Humble Bundle, Green Man Gaming. The game launch for iOS and Android will follow later this month with mobile game pricing to be announced at that time. PC pricing options to include:
• PC Bundle: Includes stories 1 and 2: $11.99 US / 9.29 GBP / 9.99 Euro
• PC Large Bundle: Includes stories 1, 2 and 3: $14.99 US / 11.99 GBP / 12.49 Euro
• Story 3 and subsequent story launches: $5.99 US / 4.79 GBP / 4.99 Euro
Doctor Who Infinity is being published and developed by Tiny Rebel Games in collaboration with Seed Studio and is under official license from BBC Studios. The new game is being funded as a joint effort between the Welsh Government’s Media Investment Budget and British game publisher/developer Double Eleven Limited.
Watch out for Blogtor’s review of these new episodes.