After an exclusive announcement on BBC Radio 2‘s The Zoe Ball Show this morning, BBC One and BBC Children in Need have confirmed further details of the Children In Need: Got It Covered album, which features Doctor Who stars both past and present!
The album is due for release next month, and features a star-studded line up of actors performing covers of well-loved songs. Among those who’ve lent their singing talents to this project are current Doctor Jodie Whittaker, as well as former Time Lord David Tennant.
Got It Covered will also feature tracks from a number of previous Doctor Who guest stars, including Suranne Jones (The Doctor’s Wife), Olivia Colman (The Eleventh Hour), and Shaun Dooley (The Ghost Monument).
Jodie Whittaker‘s cover of ‘Yellow’ by Coldplay is available to listen to now on Spotify:
The full track listing for the Children in Need: Got It Covered album is as follows:
- Helena Bonham Carter CBE has covered Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell
- Jim Broadbent has covered Blue Moon by Rogers and Hart
- Olivia Colman CBE has covered Glory Box by Portishead
- Shaun Dooley has covered Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
- Luke Evans has covered Smile by Charlie Chaplin
- Suranne Jones has covered Symphony by Clean Bandit
- Adrian Lester OBE has covered I Wish by Stevie Wonder
- Himesh Patel has covered All These Things That I’ve Done by The Killers
- David Tennant has covered Sunshine on Leith by The Proclaimers
- Jodie Whittaker has covered Yellow by Coldplay
- Plus a special group cover of It Must Be Love by Labi Siffre
Ahead of this year’s BBC Children in Need Appeal, a special 90-minute programme documenting the whole recording process will be broadcast on BBC One. The programme will feature special guest appearances, exclusive behind-the-scenes action, and much more.
Each of the actors received professional guidance and mentoring from award-winning producers and songwriters Guy Chambers and Jonathan Quarmby. Veteran vocal coach Mark De-Lisser also lent a helping hand in producing the actors’ tracks, which were recorded at the legendary Abbey Road and Rak Studios in London.
Children In Need: Got It Covered will be released on Friday 1st November, and is available to pre-order now from the BBC Children in Need website.
Check out this sneak-peek of the artists recording at Abbey Road Studios: