Doctor Who: The Collection continues its quest to build up a complete library of Doctor Who on Blu-ray with The Complete Series 14
In 1976, Doctor Who took a dramatic new turn. It electrified audiences with changes in format, companion and appearance of the TARDIS. Season 14 saw the departure of the Doctor’s long-term companion Sarah Jane Smith, and the introduction of Leela. The season contains some of Tom Baker’s most iconic serials, with intrepid investigations in Victorian London, deadly robots in a murderous whodunit, a return to the Doctor’s home planet of Gallifrey, and one of the saddest goodbyes in Doctor Who history. Now, thanks to The Collection, you can soon own it in glorious HD. Along with a host of new retrospective extras.
Producer Phillip Hinchliffe led Doctor Who through a creative high, joined by Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith and Louise Jameson as the Doctor’s fierce new companion Leela. Season 14 also featured some of the show’s most beloved guests stars, including Tim Pigott-Smith, Stephen Thorne, Peter Pratt, Pamela Salem, David Collings, Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter.
To refresh your memories, the stories included in Season 14 are:
- The Masque of Mandragora
- The Hand of Fear
- The Deadly Assassin
- The Face of Evil
- The Robots of Death
- The Talons of Weng-Chiang
With all episodes newly remastered from the best available sources, this Blu-ray box set also contains extensive and exclusive special features which include:
- Immersive 5.1 surround sound on The Deadly Assassin
- Brand new audio commentaries – Tom Baker and Matthew Sweet on selected episodes of The Face of Evil and The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
- Behind the Sofa – New episodes with Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Philip Hinchcliffe, plus companions Sophie Aldred and Peter Purves.
- Our Sarah Jane – A feature-length tribute to Elisabeth Sladen, who played Sarah Jane.
- Whose Doctor Who Revisited – Toby Hadoke meets the producers and grown-up stars of the very first Who Documentary.
- In Conversation – Matthew Sweet chats to producer Philip Hinchcliffe.
- Blu-Ray trailer – Louise Jameson has trouble with her new home assistant.
- Brand new interviews
- Rare archive material
- Convention footage
- HD photo galleries
- Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files and other gems from our PDF archive
- And all in another gorgeously illustrated boxet design by Lee Binding
The eight-disc box set also includes hours of extensive special features previously released on DVD.
Doctor Who: The Collection – The Complete Season 14 stars Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor, Elisabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith and Louise Jameson as Leela. The Master reappears in The Deadly Assasin, played by Peter Pratt.