Comic Relief is offering the chance to own the Thirteenth Doctor ACTUAL iconic rainbow tee for this year’s Red Nose Day!
Red Nose Day is fast approaching and, as always, the Comic Relief team are looking for ever more inventive ways to persuade people to support the charity. For 2023 those plans include a free Telly Treasures draw to win some fantastic screen used items from various BBC shows. Including the Thirteenth Doctor’s famous rainbow t-shirt from Doctor Who! Yes, you read that right: the draw is free to enter, but if you can make a donation too, then please do.
Red Nose Day takes place his year on Friday the 17th of March, with a telethon on BBC One that evening. But people across the UK will be fundraising right up to the night, while a range of products featuring special Red Nose versions of classic Mr. Men and Little Miss characters is available from their online shop and at TK Maxx locations. One this year’s celebrity faces for the campaign is Jodie Whittaker herself, who you can find on posters in your nearest TK Maxx now, weighed down by various Comic Relief goodies. While her predecessor/successor in the TARDIS, David Tennant, will be one of those hosting the telethon on the 17th.
Other screen used items you can win include Monty Don’s wheelbarrow and Idris Elba’s coat and tie from Luther!
The Telly Treasures Draw will be open for entries until the 18th, with the winners being picked on the 20th. Simply browse the list of available items, and pick which ones you’d like to be entered into the competition for. You just need to be over 18, resident in the United Kingdom, and have registered for a free BBC account. Simple!
The full list of screen used items you can win are:
- The Apprentice: a pair of “Hired!” and “Fired!” cards
- Blue Peter: a collar worn by Henry the dog
- Casualty: Ethan’s scrubs, stethoscope, and Holby City ID badge
- CBBC: the dog bowl used by Hacker T Dog
- CBeebies Bedtime Stories: a CBeebies bugbie cushion
- Doctor Who: the iconic rainbow t-shirt worn by the Thirteenth Doctor
- EastEnders: a pair of Pat Butcher’s earrings
- Football Focus: a BBC Sport microphone cover
- Inside No. 9: The mascot head that featured prominently in the episode The Referee’s a W***er
- Gardeners’ World: Monty Don’s own personal wheelbarrow!
- The Graham Norton Show: one of Graham Norton’s suit jackets
- Killing Eve: a pant suit worn by one of Jodie Comer’s stunt doubles as Villanelle
- Luther: the iconic red tie and battered overcoat worn by Luther (Idris Elba)
- Morning Live: a Morning Live mug
- Motherland: the onesie worn by Julia
- Motherland: you can also get the Christmas jumper worn by Kevin
- Pointless: a Pointless winner’s trophy!
- Richard Osman’s House of Games: one of the iconic suitcases only contestants usually get
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK: a pair on union jack boxers as worn by the Brit Crew, and a guest judge name badge
- SAS Rogue Heroes: an SAS beret
- Strictly Come Dancing: Craig Revel Horwood’s 10 paddle
- This Country: a Swindon team top worn by Kerry
- The Traitors: one of the Traitors’ hooded cloaks
- Waterloo Road: a Waterloo Road school tie, jumper, and blazer
Red Nose Day will be televised on BBC One on the 17th of March, co-hosted by David Tennant
Don’t forget to tune into Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day on BBC One on the 17th of March, co-hosted by David Tennant. And do fundraise or donate if you possibly can. Comic Relief has been running since 1985 and dedicated to alleviating poverty’s consequences and grip on people’s daily lives, tackling the injustices that keep people in poverty, and standing with those in poverty who are most harmed by climate change.
What a load of old shit!