2|entertain have issued details about the next release in the classic range. Featuring fan favourite Tom Baker as the fourth Doctor and Sylvester McCoy as the seventh Doctor, this new collection follows the Doctor’s battles with the sinister Cybermen. Packed with extras, and containing two classic adventures, Silver Nemesis and Revenge of the Cybermen, the 2 disc box set will hit stores next month in the UK. Read the details below and click on the pics for bigger versions.
• Commentary with Elisabeth Sladen, David Collings and Philip Hinchcliffe.
• The Tin Man and the Witch – a look back at the making of the story, with director Michael E. Briant, incoming producer Philip Hinchcliffe and outgoing producer Barry Letts.
• Location Report – New Doctor Tom Baker is interviewed by BBC News on location at Wookey Hole during the location shoot for the story.• Cheques, Lies and Videotape – in the days before official VHS and DVD releases, Doctor Who fans had no option but to swap and trade episodes with other fans, often for extortionate sums of money.
• Photo Gallery
• Commentary with Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Chris Clough and Andrew Cartmel.
• Industrial Action – cast and crew look back at the making of this story. With actors Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred and Gerard Murphy, director Chris Clough, writer Kevin Clarke, script editor Andrew Cartmel, stunt arranger Nick Gillard and musician Courtney Pine.
• Deleted and Extended Scenes.
• Trails and Continuity – BBC1 trails and continuity announcements from the story’s original transmission.
• Photo Gallery
Doctor Who: Cybermen Box Set
will be available August 9, priced £29.99
Thanks to 2|entertain