The world’s longest running science-fiction television programme Doctor Who has become a huge part of the Christmas period, whether you’re sitting down to watch the Christmas special or finding a Dalek wrapped underneath the tree. And there’s no better place to celebrate the success of the show than the Doctor Who Experience at its new permanent home in Cardiff Bay.
Visitors take part in their own Doctor Who adventure, battling Daleks and Weeping Angels while attempting to reunite the Doctor with his TARDIS. They can also enjoy the largest collection of props and monsters ever assembled under one roof, including the Tenth and Eleventh Doctor’s TARDIS, a selection of new props from Series 7 and classic monsters including the Zygon and the Melkur.
A special timetable will be in operation over the festive period:
• The Doctor Who Experience will be open on Boxing Day and New Years Day from 11am – 4.30pm.
• From 5th December until 6th Jan, Doctor Who Christmas exhibits from throughout the years will be displayed.
• Every Thursday from the 6th December, the Doctor Who Experience will have extended opening hours, staying open until 7.30pm.
• The Doctor Who Experience will host a pop up shop at the Cardiff Bay Christmas Market (Roald Dahl Plass) on the 7th, 8th and 9th December.
• Bethan Kate Harris (Prosthetics Technician for Doctor Who) will be hosting festive face painting sessions on the 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd of December.
• See props from the 2012 Christmas special, The Snowmen, from Boxing Day (26th) onwards.
A ticket to the Experience is the perfect Christmas gift for friends and family, with prices starting at just £9 for children and £13 for adults. Group packages are available, with family tickets priced at £38.