BBC Writersroom, the BBC’s initiative to help foster and develop new writing talent, have added three new Doctor Who episodes to its script library
BBC Writersroom is a cross-genre department for scripted content. This initiative provides online resources including a writers’ Lab, a script library, and help and advice to new and established writers. Writers who have come up through the BBC Writersroom system include Joy Wilkinson, who went on to write Doctor Who episode The Witchfinders.
Newly added to the Writersroom script library are three Doctor Who scripts by Toby Whithouse. These are Under the Lake, Before the Flood and The Lie of the Land. Although intended to be an aid to writers in understanding the process of writing a script, they’re available to download to all. They are also supported by an interview with Toby Whithouse about his writing methodology.
Under the Lake and Before the Flood formed a two part story in Series Nine, and featured the Twelfth Doctor and Clara trapped in an underwater base under siege by ghosts. The Lie of the Land, meanwhile, was the climax of Series Ten’s Monk Trilogy and saw the Doctor, Bill and Nardole trying to liberate the Earth from the Monks’ mental dominance.
These three scripts are just the latest additions to the Writersroom’s Doctor Who content
The full list of Doctor Who related scripts available are:
- Smith and Jones by Russell T Davies
- The Magician’s Apprentice by Steven Moffat
- The Witch’s Familiar by Steven Moffat
- Under the Lake by Toby Whithouse
- Before the Flood by Toby Whithouse
- Face the Raven by Sarah Dollard
- Heaven Sent by Steven Moffat
- Hell Bent by Steven Moffat
- The Pilot by Steven Moffat
- Oxygen by Jamie Mathieson
- Thin Ice by Sarah Dollard
- The Lie of the Land by Toby Whithouse
- The New World by Russell T Davies
The Sarah Jane Adventures
- Prisoner of the Judoon Part One by Phil Ford
- Prisoner of the Judoon Part Two by Phil Ford
- The Vault of Secrets Part One by Phil Ford
- The Vault of Secrets Part Two by Phil Ford