The new Doctor Who art competition will see the winners’ art showcased at San Diego Comic-Con
BBC Studios have launched a new competition to find the best Doctor Who fan artists on the planet. The winners will have their art appear on this year’s San Diego Comic-Con exclusive products. And that’s on top of a host of other prizes. Running until the 15th of May, the competition will ultimately reward one winner and four runner ups with once in a lifetime fan experiences.
The winner and a guest will get on a Doctor Who-themed weekend trip to London, which includes:
- Two nights accommodation
- Special afternoon tea for two
- An adventure in the Doctor Who Escape Room in Reading, England
- An exclusive private screening of the fan’s favorite Doctor Who episode
Both the winner and the four runners up will also:
- Have their artwork printed on limited-edition Doctor Who merchandise sold at San Diego Comic-Con
- Receive a goody bag including iconic Doctor Who merchandise valued at approximately £520/$680
How to enter
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, and New Zealand. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (whichever is higher), at the time of entry.
- Artwork must feature both the TARDIS and one Doctor
- The artwork may also, at the entrant’s discretion, include a background texture, splash of colour or other abstract background design, but must not feature any other design element, including (without limit) any other Doctor, character, companion, monster, robot, prop, location, building or branding element (including third party brand names and logos), whether from the Doctor Who universe or otherwise.
- Artwork can be created in any two-dimensional medium and any color.
- Artwork must not include identifiers such as the entrant’s name, signature, image, likeness or any other identifier, or any reference to Comic-Con.
Each entrant must complete the entry form and upload their artwork in digital format on the Fan Art Competition website in accordance with the following criteria:
- Artwork mages must be submitted in RGB high res formats (TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or GIF).
- The resolution of the art must be a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Artwork must measure at least 260mm x 260mm when printed at 100% and must not measure more than 381mm x 508mm.
As a general rule of thumb, this means your image must have an onscreen resolution of between 3,071×3,071 and 4,500×6000. However always consult the DPI and print size information in whatever imaging or scanning software you’re using.
Each entrant may submit multiple entries, as long as each separate entry consists of a different artwork. Entrants can only win one prize in the competition.
The grand prize winner and the four runners up will be announced when their artwork is revealed at San Diego Comic-Con in July.
And good luck to all of you from Blogtor Who!