Got to love a mockumentary. It’s even better if it is rockumentry. The second episode of Brian Pern: 45 Years of Prog and Roll airs 21st January on BBC Four at 10:00 pm featuring Christopher Eccleston who portrays Luke Dunmore, a producer of Pern’s 1990’s album.
That hair is something else!
This is the third series about the live and times of the fictional Brian Pern (Simon Day), aging rocker and former frontman for the progressive rock group Thotch. If you get a chance go back and review BBC website and make sure you check out the videos.
Brian Pern: 45 Years of Prog and Roll Episode 2 of 3
As Brian has been inducted into the USA Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, director Rhys Thomas explores how Brian broke America with the success of his classic album Shelf Life. He goes behind the scenes of the album’s creation and looks at the real events in Brian’s life that inspired the hit songs, both good and bad. He also follows Brian back to Los Angeles where he is reunited with his family and ex-wife after more than a decade.
- Brian Pern – Simon Day
- John Farrow – Michael Kitchen
- Documentary Director – Rhys Thomas
- Michael Banks – Philip Pope
- Pat Quid – Paul Whitehouse
- Tony Pebblé – Nigel Havers
- Ripple – Shelley Longworth
- Tallow – Adam Longworth
- Pepita/Lyndsie Symon – Lucy Montgomery
- Cindi – Jane Asher
- Band Member – Craig Christiaens
- Band Member – Stephen Holbrook
- Serge Maddox – Lloyd Day
- Luke Dunmore – Christopher Eccleston
- Himself – Ian Wright
- Himself – Paul Gambaccini
- Himself – Roger Taylor
- Himself – Martin Kemp
- Writer – Rhys Thomas
- Writer – Simon Day
- Producer – Rhys Thomas
- Director – Rhys Thomas
- Executive Producer – Richard Webb